Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Conceptual Photography

Hi Guys :)

today I want to show you a conceptual photography of me and a little tutorial about doing conceptual things.
I personally love working with colors when doing conceptual photography. In autumn last year I went outside to get some autumnally shots. Unfortunately there were no colored trees yet but the weather was so great forcing me to do something creative :D


So this red maple leaf really caught my attention and I picked it up. At first I just wanted to freeze its shapes and looked for a nice background. Then I realised that it might be intresting to add a strong contrast by holding it up in the sky. In my opinion he shape of the clouds really gives this picture some movement.

How do I know what good color contrasts are?



In my opinion this color circle is the best method to figure out good color contrasts. Adding to my picture you can see that "blue" and "red" are counterparts. As well as "blue"/"red" and "yellow" or "green" and "orange" and so on :)

Take a try!

Hope that helped :)
Later <3


No comments:

Post a Comment